Thursday, January 25, 2007

New Obsessions

I have a lot of spare time on my hands right now. Mainly, because when I'm in Utah I'm sans Quinn so things are a little boring and I usually just relax by playing with my niece and nephews and watching some TV. And when, I'm home in Plano, Quinn is either at school or doing homework and oh yeah, that's right I don't know anyone else there...so I get to watch a lot of TV there too. I'm not complaining because with all this down time I've been able to discover a few new (at least to me) gems in the entertainment industry.

My first discovery came in Plano, where we have Bravo. We did not have this channel in Utah. So one night I flipped to it and saw "Top Chef." Immediately, I was hooked. I love a reality show based on food and cooking. They were having a marathon so obviously I ended up watching until two in the morning. The only bad thing is that new episodes of "Top Chef" air on Wednesday when I am in Utah and don't have access to Bravo. But never fear, I am just constantly on the look out for the repeat to be aired on the weekend when I'm home.

My latest discovery happened last night. All the kids where in bed as well as Ryan who was tired from a late night of homework the night before. Dana was also busy with homework. So I was left alone to pass the time. I flipped to the food network and "Ace of Cakes" was on. This is a great show. Genius really. I could watch that bakery for hours. They make the most creative delicious looking cakes. It just makes me wish I lived in Baltimore so that one day I could commission them to bake me a cake in the shape of a dog, yak or a Chinese take out box (all featured on last nights episode). Check out their website. It is truly amazing.

I highly recommend both shows if you have some free time on your hands.

4 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Sounds like some fun shows. of course anything having to do with food is good for me.

Anonymous said...

Have you discovered the Iron Chef yet? Great show if you want to learn 10,000 different ways to serve squid. Me.....I'm still trying to figure out peanut butter.
Glad you're back on the blog. I missed you a lot. Also glad to hear (no matter how boring it is) that Quinn is busy studying. When he does well enough you will be able to afford ordering any kind of cake you want from Baltimore. I'll even pick it up for you. Give it a taste test as I go.

Anonymous said...

A show I just picked up this week while I was home sick is High Maintenance 90210 on E! I think. It's a fascinating glimpse into the staff of super rich people. Check it out!

Anonymous said...

All of these fall into the well known category of garbage TV. Like the old adage says "If it ain't Lost, don't watch it."