Tuesday, March 17, 2009

appointment update

We just got back from the doctor. It was pretty disappointing. Still no change. Nothing. Zero. Which means I've pretty much been at a two for about 4+ weeks. They did an ultrasound to make sure the baby wasn't getting too big. She said right now he looks to be about 7 1/2 pounds so they aren't worried about him getting too big. She said they would induce on Monday. I very politely asked if there was anyway they could do it earlier since my husband is suppose to go out of town Tuesday night. She was really sweet about it which is good because I was nervous, I didn't want to come across selfish. So she stripped my membranes (ouch!) then told me to come in on Thursday morning for a quick ultrasound to come up with a reason to induce (since it would be before the official 41 weeks) and hopefully induce Thursday night. So things are looking up. I really hope Thursday works as that would allow Quinn to be there for the first few days and still get to SF. Who knows maybe my water will break tonight! That would be even better.

9 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Time to get online and read about ALL the tricks to get that baby in action! :) Glad she was willing to listen to your concerns!

I heard if you walk walk walk your heart out after the membranes stripping it works wonders!

lacy lee said...

Good news, indeed! Can't wait to see what happens!

Dana said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you go into labor tonight or tomorrow. I agree w/ Heather. Walk, walk, walk.

Cara said...

Walk, drink some castor oil, walk some more...

Cara said...

Oh, and if he is born before midnight tonight, you'll have to change his name to Seamus in honor of the day. Seamus Patrick DelHoyo. It has a nice ring to it don't you think?

Kristy said...

You are such a trooper Devry! You are doing awesome. Good Luck with everything and can't wait to hear the news! You are going to do great! We love you guys! Oh and I just read the castor oil comment and one of my midwives totally tells you to mix castor oil, orange juice, and vanilla icecream. Just in case you decide to do castor oil I would think that it would have to taste much better that way. Anyways good luck!

GrandmaNutt said...

7.5 pounds is a perfect sized baby. As for the Irish name suggested by Cara you would need to make one adjustment....you would need to add an O before the last name. Seamus Patrick O'DelHoyo. Ahhh, again, perfection for a perfect baby. He is going to be so beautiful Devry, just like you.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I am so excited! You are so close!

whitey said...

Sorry no tricks here to get you going. Best wishes for you and the baby, my advise is to remember to breathe and enjoy the moment.