Friday, March 27, 2009

week one

I can't believe it has already been a week. It has been a long hard week, harder then I thought I would be. But things are looking up. At first, Asher wanted nothing to do with his crib or really anything that didn't involve him sleeping while someone held him. This made for extremely long nights. But last night progress was made. My mom stayed up with Asher until 4 am (hallelujah!) while I got some sleep and worked with him all night on sleeping in his crib. He slept for 3, then 2, then another 2 all in his crib. And all day long he has napped in his crib, not as long as I would like, but progress nonetheless.

We are starting to get the hang of eating. Asher has a tendency to fall asleep rather quickly whilst feeding which makes it hard, but today I've worked on trying to stretch the time between feedings since he was wanting to eat so frequently due to falling asleep. It seems to be working. He was also much more alert and content just to be sitting in his vibrating chair today then he has been in the past.

Despite all the stress and lack of sleep, he is an absolute delight to have in the home. My mom has been a lifesaver especially while Quinn has been gone. Speaking of, Quinn gets home in a few hours and I can't wait!

12 comments:

Lindsay said...

He is ridiculously adorable! I'm sorry week 1 has been a little rough, so glad your Mom is there to help!

Sioux said...

He is gonna be a 'lady killer'! And he looks so alert for 1 week - maybe that's cuz of the cat naps. Too bad Mom's have so much to do when they are sleeping.

KickButtMommy said...

Devry, I simply can't believe how much he has changed in just a week. He is looking different already. Sounds like you are working through all of the kinks and bugs of being a new mommy to a new baby.

Dana said...

He's so cute and I think he may have the Arnett nose, which is funny since you don't. I wish I could hold him and kiss him.

GrandmaNutt said...

See how important moms are? And grandmoms, too?! Little Asher is double lucky as well as double studly. Hope his dad gets home safely. It would be fun to hear Q's comments about Asher after being away for three days.

Cara said...

He is seriously a good-looking baby! And I'm not just saying that. There are some strange looking babies out there, but Asher is not one of them. He sounds like he's doing better getting the hang of the crib than his cousin Chloe. It took her months to accept her crib.

KC& Sterling said...

oh my gosh i miss him so much already! I'm glad Quinn is getting back soon! He is the cutest baby ever!

Lindee said...

he is absolutely gorgeous! sounds like you're troubleshooting rather well and figuring out all of these things really quickly. i hope you start getting more rest soon!

whitey said...

I have to agree with everybody else's comments he is all that!!
Hope you are doing fine and catching some sleep when you can.

Kristy said...

He is so sweet! This week flew by! That is serioulsy how it is! Before you know it they are not newborns anymore. Sad. Enjoy it! I bet Quinn can't wait to get home!

"Jo" in many sizes said...

I have to recommend a book called "Happiest Baby On The Block." I was in shock with my first, how much she cried and didn't sleep. It helped a lot, swaddling, the whole book. Anyway, hope this helps...(whiteys daughter)

Kaelyn said...

He is so cute! How exciting! Hopefully he'll start sleeping better for you! I'm so glad you have help, it makes SUCH a difference!