Sunday, March 08, 2009

sunday

Quinn spoke in church today. He gave a really great talk on the importance of knowing who we are as sons and daughters of God and how that will help us make the correct choices in our lives. The chapel was a sauna. When I walked in I knew I was going to be miserable. Before church started, I was chatting with the Bishop and casually mentioned how hot it was in the building. He said that the heat was on when he got there this morning. Keep in mind it has been in the 80's lately. I seriously thought I might pass out from the heat in the chapel.

Now we are home and Quinn and I are going to go out for a walk. I'm trying to stay somewhat active even though all I really want to do is sleep.

My sister Stacey's SIL had her baby this morning. I was ticked as she was due a few days after me. My nephew Jaxson kept telling me that her baby was going to "pop out" and is now wondering when mine is going to "pop out." I'm wondering that myself.

In other happier news, it was finalized yesterday that Danny, Stacey and Jaxson will be moving to the Dallas area for April through Aug/Sept. I'm so excited. They were either going to Seattle or Dallas. My preference was obvious. I'm so excited to have family close by even if it is only for four months.

10 comments:

KA said...

I will accept your belated compassion for the fact that my child was born 9 days late.

GrandmaNutt said...

Walking helps...ask Cara. Just don't walk so much that you deliver before Quinn's b-day or Friday the 13th. Both cool days to have as a b-day for Asher.

Congratulations on the incoming family. Stacy is lucky you are already in Dallas and you are super lucky that she is coming to Dallas. Sisters belong together.

GrandmaNutt said...

Oh, and I would have loved to have heard Quinn's talk. One of his great talents is the ability to express himself well and I cherish every talk, in church or elsewhere, of his I have ever heard. Proud of you Quinner.

Megs said...

how exciting that Stacey, Jax, and Danny will be close by!!!

can't wait to see pics of the new delHoyo baby! :0) he's gonna be a cutie!

KickButtMommy said...

Wow a sister! You will love it. I like having my brother here even at 2 hours away.

I am impressed you waddled into a hot church to support your hubby. I got lots of "wow you are much bigger" today and "ha has" as I waddled down the hall.

Cara said...

Walk that baby out! It totally works!

jenna marie said...

Please bless Asher doesn't 'pop out' nine days late.

The Condies said...

Oh my gosh, you are getting so close to your delivery date!! It has been fun seeing the days go down until the little ones come! I hope everything goes well!
Carly

GrandmaNutt said...

I must apologize for being so chatty on this blog posting but I have to point out something to you. Did you know that more babies are born on the nights of full moons? Have you looked out your window? I expect a call in the morning:)

Shenise said...

Devry I almost screamed when I went to your blog and saw how many days you have left until your due date. Only four! I'll have to echo what KA said about being overdue...I was 4 days over girlfriend! I'm glad to hear that you're sleepy, maybe that means he'll be here soon. I also LOVE the name your chose...a personal favorite. Together they all sound very noble! It does my heart good to see you pregnant. I'm so excited for your little guy to get here. Ah, the wonder and miracle of it all. Loves!