Friday, March 24, 2006

Crisis Averted

I know you have all been dying for an update on my wedding dress fiasco. Wednesday I met with the most darling lady. Her name is Nancy Barrus. She felt so bad for me and rearranged her schedule to help me out. I'm very grateful to her. Her website is as follows:

Nancy Barrus Couture

Check out some of her creations. She is amazing. Some of her stuff is a little outdated (she has been doing this for 25+ years) but she has such a passion for what she does. She has the most gorgeous fabrics on hand and seemed absolutely excited about certain design elements of my dress. Anyway, I'm just really excited I was able to find her and that she could squeeze me in.

Also, many thanks to Kristen and Lindsay for being my moral support during this crisis. I could have never decided on a fabric without you guys! I might have ended up going with the silk taffeta and then I would have looked like I was attending my prom, not to mention all the noise I would have made while walking :)

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

You would have been a vision even in the taffeta, although praise be, you went with the other much more delicious fabrics at hand. I can't wait to see Devry as a bride! Could anything be better?

Anonymous said...

Once again, here is MOG on the BLOG! I have so enjoyed being a part of your bridal adventures, mishaps, and angst. I get nothing from Quinn, which is par for the course. Boys are just not much fun when it comes to pink taffy or white taffeta. You are the last bride to come into our family so you have a huge DelHoyo contingent very much interested in watching this May 6th affair unfold. We welcome you with open arms no matter what your wedding dress looks like. Love you.....MOG