Monday, March 13, 2006

Weekend Update

Yes, Lacy, I believe I did steal this title from a previous blog post of yours. Oh well. First, thanks to everyone who expressed an opinion on our pictures. We never expected such a response. The winner will be announced when you receive the invitaiton in the mail. Let's recap the weekend, shall we?

Friday:
We headed up to SLC to attend a Utah Blaze AFL game in honor of Quinn's upcoming birthday. It was a lot of fun. Arena football was a lot more exciting than I thought it would be. I would definitely recommend it. It was definitely worth it.



Saturday:
I took one for the team and ate at Wingers. I was actually quite surprised by the experience. I finally had something at Wingers that I thought tasted good.

Sunday:
Happy Birthday Quinn!

Quinn turned 25. Now everyday he lives he is closer to 30 than he is to 20. Someone told me that the day I turned 25 and I was not happy at all with this realization. However, Quinn seems unfazed by it. I made Quinn a delicious (if I do say so myself) birthday dinner and then we had people over for a little party complete with a Transformers cake.I wish I had a real picture to post, but alas the person I asked to bring the digital camera, and the person I asked to be the back-up and bring a digital camera in case the first person forgot, both forgot to bring their digital cameras, so you will have to wait for me to finish my roll of film and get it developed before you can see the cake. It was a miracle we had the cake in the first place. I had to trek all the way out to American Fork to pick it up in some sort of blizzard. And then I ended up locking my keys in my car with the car running outside of the cake lady's house. I had to call American Fork police to help me out. A very nice officer came out and broke into my car for me.

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Let me add my testimony to D's about the Blaze. It was a blast. I can't testify about Wingers as the only thing I have ever had there is some dessert. But I will testify that the Transformer cake was something to behold and you should all be anxiously awaiting pictures!
Happy Birthday Quinn!!

Anonymous said...

Pray tell Devry, what did you eat at Winger's that was good?

Anonymous said...

As someone who is distancing himself from 30 each year and one who has gained much wisdom each year past 30, I must chastise you -- DevHoyo. You didn't heed the advice of your dear Auntie C.S. Arnett and Unkie JLA regarding cars and keys and the like. I would expect more from an Ivy Leaguer. But, then who would have guessed a Penn graduate would like Arena football, food from Wingers and transformers. Ain't love grand?

Devry said...

jla,

You will have to refresh my memory on what your advice was concerning cars and keys.

Anonymous said...

Auntie CS and jla advice on car keys can be found a couple of topics back:

http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=20751567&postID=114142654085565729