Friday, May 04, 2007

Craft Projects

I finished reading Twilight last night. Every lunch this week has been dedicated to reading it and last night I was determined to finish it up. So I did nothing but read with a 30 minute break to watch The Office. I really enjoyed it. A fun, entertaining read. I loved the hero and the villain of the story. The heroine annoyed at times. But I eagerly await getting my hands on the sequel A New Moon.

Additionally, I need ideas for Mother’s Day. I’m in need of a fairly simple activity/craft project for the Sunbeams to do in class so that they have something to give to their mothers. Any ideas? I was thinking of maybe some sort of candy flower that they can assemble…I’m still brainstorming. But since crafts aren’t exactly my thing, I thought I would put it out there for any suggestions.

8 comments:

KA said...

I have no craft ideas whatsoever (shocking), but I will tell you that New Moon is better than Twilight, in my opinion. The girl is less annoying and the story is actually more interesting. Except that the ending just sets up another sequel, which irritates.

Anonymous said...

The quickest and easiest thing for me to type is...go visit MICHAELS...that store, or one like it, will be full of suggestions simple and cheap.

Anonymous said...

How about compiling Jon Bon Jovi's greatest hits...oh wait there were none so there wouldn't be much for the Sunbeams to do.

Anonymous said...

Here are some great links for craft ideas:

http://www.daniellesplace.com/html/mothersday.html

http://www.dltk-holidays.com/mom/

http://www.amazingmoms.com/htm/holiday_mothersday_crafts.htm

http://atozteacherstuff.com/Themes/Mother_s_Day/

There are tons more. Good luck! The Sunbeams are the BEST age ever. They could also paint their handprints onto a card for their moms. Handprints are great keepsakes.

KickButtMommy said...

Sorry, but I just don't have a creative bone in my body.

Cara said...

When Tyson was in Sunbeams the teacher brought in little wooden picture frames that she had pre-painted green (for grass) on the bottom and blue (for sky) on the top. Then the kids got to decorate with stickers of various animals all over the frame. Inside the frame was just a paper with a little poem on it.

KickButtMommy said...

Oh Cara's idea is good. They have plain wood frames at IKEA for VERY cheap. You could go pick some of those up and have the kids paint or if want safer, marker and sticker them to death.

See, I may not be creative, but I ALWAYS know where to shop.

Anonymous said...

When I was nursery leader I just drew some stems coming out of the ground and then used ink pads and let the kids put their finger prints on the stems to make a pussywillow plant. We made it into a card that said. Dear Mom,
I "willow" ways love you.