Friday, May 11, 2007

A Run for the Border

Many of you know of my affinity for Del Taco. I have been touting Del Taco for some time. I remember way back during my Penn days how I would talk about it to anyone who would listen. I’ve just always liked it better than Taco Bell. For one, they use real cheddar cheese and I’m not sure what that stuff is that Taco Bell uses. And two, their mild sauce is amazing. I use to live off of the bean burritos. It was a ridiculously cheap lunch. So you can all imagine my despair upon realizing that there are no Del Tacos here in Texas. I was devastated. I thought there was little Taco Bell could do to tempt me back.


Well, today I spent most of my lunch at Michael’s picking up stuff for Sunday when I spied a Taco Bell across the street. So I went. I tried their new 7-layer Crunch Wrap. Beans, cheese, guacamole, mild sauce, tomatoes, sour cream and tortilla strips wrapped in a tortilla and grilled—good to go. I have to say, it was quite tasty. I called Quinn immediately to tell him because he always tries to get me to go to Taco Bell and I always refuse. This new development might have just changed my life. Or at least made tolerating the years I spend in Texas sans Del Taco more tolerable.

10 comments:

Justin said...

Don't miss the Nachos Supreme. What's not to like? Chips: good. Beef: good. Nacho cheese: GOOOOOD.

KickButtMommy said...

Oh, your killing me! I just started Weight Watchers today and am munching on carrots. SIGH!

Lindsay said...

This is a good tip because I have been watching the commercials advertising this very item. But you know how I have the exact same feelings towards these two establishments as yourself.

I'm going to give it a try.

Anonymous said...

Quinn always tried to get me to go to Taco Bell every week after his allergy shots. Hated it and don't like Mexican food and we lived for seven years in Texas...three in San Antonio. So I can't relate, but I can appreciate. Do everything you can to enjoy Tornado Alley.

Cara said...

Think outside the bun.

KA said...

I guess you didn't see the rat infestation on the news.

ld said...

Eating at Taco Bell makes me run…for the…

ld said...

Happy Birthday! - May 13th

Anonymous said...

Ah, LD beat me to it! Happy Birthday!

jmr said...

Its your birthday Devry? Im a bad cousin in law, I didn't know. HAPPY BDAY! Ever go to Taco Time? Try a Mexi Ice. yummy :)