Thursday, May 24, 2007

The Little Things

Yesterday evening, I went with Quinn and a friend of his from school on a search for particular model of the star ship Enterprise. We went to several hobby stores and where in and out of the car frequently. At about our third stop, Quinn's friend Jeremy asked Quinn if he opens the car door for me all of the time? Because he had been doing just that at every stop. I told Jeremy, that yes, Quinn does. I think Jeremy was a bit shocked. He went on to say that he does that in the beginning, but once he is in a relationship he doesn't do that anymore. Quinn said that he can see why most people would do that, but that opening the car door is just something little he can do to show me I'm special (how cute!). And the truth is, it probably wouldn't bother me much if he stopped, in fact, I think subconsciously I half-expected him to stop after we were married. But I have to say, I absolutely love and adore the fact that he still does it and hope it continues. After all, it is the little things that really lets someone know that you love them.

8 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

That is very sweet. He is helping some other lady out whom Jeremy might date in the future as well.

Cara said...

Quinn was always quite the charmer. He's a keeper!

jmr said...

It's in the little things I think. I can't believe this is the same cousin who terrorized Coree and I our whole lives!

lacy lee said...

wait, you're leaving out just one little thing: did you find the right Starship Enterprise model???

Devry said...

No, alas we did not find the right model that we were after. It was very dissapointing.

Anonymous said...

We used to have a starship "Enterprise" telephone...remember those. I think we gave it to Miles, or maybe Jase. We still have a space shuttle from the "Enterprise" which is a Christmas tree ornament. Dad bought it and I have refused to put it on our tree ever since. When you pull its string it makes a whistling noise. Total class, total Christmas spirit.

Anonymous said...

Jake read this post and said "hey, do you know what model of the enterprise they were looking for?" Of course I said no and then he pontificated about the differences between each and every model of enterprises. I feigned interest for as long as I could, and apparently I was quite convincing as he was still talking when I woke up more than 30 minutes later.

Devry said...

Steph,

Quinn is just looking for a good size model that isn't the prototype NX-01 model. Also he wants it to have good decals. So I guess we weren't looking for a specific model but we didn't find what he needed.