Wednesday, May 09, 2007

East Coast West Coast

Today we got my sister Mallory's high school graduation announcement in the mail. By the way Mallory, Congratulations!! Anyway, while I was examining the announcement Quinn mentioned that he thought it was weird that she had sent out announcements. I was a little perplexed because I had sent them out and so had most people I have known. Then he said it was a Utah thing (even though Mallory attends highs school in Russia and not Utah) and that people on the east coast don't do grad announcements. So I obviously had to take a survey on the blog. How many of you sent out high school graduation announcements? And responses from people not attending high school in a state not Utah will be weighted more heavily. I'm really curious now. I always just assumed everyone did this.

And in a "Lost" moment...Locke rocks!

14 comments:

KA said...

I graduated from HS in Las Vegas. We ordered graduation announcements with the intention of sending them out, but I think I never got around to actually mailing them. If that counts for anything.

Cara said...

I sent them out, and SO DID QUINN. At least Mom sent them out for him, because I still have his in my scrapbook stuff. He just doesn't remember anything.

Devry said...

Cara, Thank you. I told him that maybe just he and his friends didn’t send them out. Then I told him that I would bet him anything that you sent them out. He assured me that you did not. I can’t wait to inform him otherwise.

lacy lee said...

Dave in AZ sent them out as well. And was not LOST amazing last night??

the peine's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
the peine's said...

I sent then out in CA. Sorry Quinn, but it looks like Devry is winning this one!

Anonymous said...

Cara, Cara, Cara. A few postings ago (remember Meatloaf vs. Tupac?) you said you had your brother's back and now you cut him off at the knees. We didn't send out the announcements generally, just to Grandparents and siblings. Remember, Quinn was the baby and no one knew what he was doing b/c they were all gone on to their own lives. The big mailings of announcements were the wedding ones. Likewise, we never hosted grad parties either. Call us cheap.

Anonymous said...

I sent them out but I am from Utah so Quinn will say I don't count. ...Go Jazz!

Devry said...

Mom D,

I’m just glad to know you sent out a few. I don’t think I sent out many, but Quinn’s reaction when we got my sister’s announcement in the mail yesterday just really surprised me. He was convinced that announcements were not common on the east coast. I feel better now knowing that my reality that graduation announcements are common is confirmed.

jmr said...

I sent some out too (utah girl) but I think I made sure pics were not included? I hated my senior pic with a passion. and I do remember seeing Quinn's too, wether or not I actually got one of my own, or if it was just gma and pas copy I can't remember.

KickButtMommy said...

I got both Quinn and Jenna's. So there.

Anonymous said...

I sent out grad announcements, too and I'm a NY girl...east coast ALL the way!

shoeaddict said...

I am from south Louisianand EVERYBODY sends them! For high school and college... My husband is from Georgia and they do it, too.

Anonymous said...

I graduated HS in Brooklyn, NY in '95 and I did not send out any announcements! Do you get presents from the people you send them to? Maybe I'll send them out now...