Friday, May 25, 2007

A Pilgrimage

Quinn and I have been a bit homesick as of late. Ever since we moved to Texas we've been severely missing the Mexican grills that are so popular in Utah such as Costa Vida, Cafe Rio and Bajio. Being that we moved to Texas, the land of Tex-Mex, we thought we might find something similar, but we have yet to. But we did know that there was a Bajio in Garland, TX. We mapquested it and it looked to be about 20 miles away. So we headed off tonight on a pilgrimage of sorts. Of course, it was a torrential down pour during the drive. We got very lost and even had to make a phone call to my sister to have her look it up on the map and help re-orient us. But after 1 hour and 10 minutes of driving we finally found it. It was so delicious! I've definitely missed it and I know Quinn missed the shrimp tacos.

Here we are about to enjoy our meals.




(Please excuse my hair but when it rains in Texas there is no reason to waste time drying and flat ironing my hair so this is my wash n' go look.)


And here are our plates after Quinn polished off both of our meals. Do you think he liked it???














His plate was so clean after he was done you could have used it to serve the next customer. We made it back home in only 40 minutes but all the driving was worth it.

7 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

You guys are so cute, and I love your hair like that! I think it looks great. It is getting so long!

Anonymous said...

I love your hair too!

Anonymous said...

Be patient, I have at least three points to address. First, you look (as Q always says), "Amazing".
You have figured out how to live with Texas weather.
Second, I apologize for that embarassing moment in the restaurant when Q licked his plate clean. And third, cell phones and computers are a magical thing. I am so happy you are back on the blog. Love checking in with you.

KA said...

Wow, I can't get Jon to stand in LINE at Bajio, no less drive for an hour and a half to get there.

the peine's said...

I know your feeling about missing Cafe Rio, Bajio or Costa Vida. I have to eat at Cafe Rio once a week! We actually ate at Bajio on Saturday as well! Miss you.

Justin said...

I'm actually considering a move from Springville because we don't have any of the mexican grills in our city. Nevermind that there are 2 Bajios within 10 min and all the rest within 20...it's still too far. And what's wrong with driving 40 min for good food?

FRYBABY said...

I was distressed over the same thing in Texas! We found that most restaurants used processed cheese and I was hoping for real cheese like El Matador in Bountiful! Never happened! But we finally found one we really liked in Houston and it was called Pappasitos, but I am not sure if you have one in Dallas.....and, by the way, it was living in Houston that made me start wearing my hair pulled back with a cap on for that same frizzy reason (not to church though). The other women told me to just wear lots of hairspray!!