Monday, May 07, 2007

A Year in Review

Yesterday Quinn and I marked the 1 year anniversary of our marriage. What a year it has been. So much has happened—not just to us, but to all of those around us that we love so much. It seems like the past year has been filled with engagements, weddings, babies, graduations, moves etc... It is definitely an exciting time for us and our friends and families.

Just in the last year Quinn altered the direction of schooling and found a great program that will help him do what he loves. We moved to a new city and have started to make new friendships. I quit a job and have recently just started a new one. The next year is unknown and exciting as we carve out a new path for ourselves.

I’ve learned so much this past year. I’ve learned how hard marriage is and how much joy it can bring. I’ve learned that Quinn and I have two very different ways of thinking for the most part. Sometimes his way baffles me and leaves me speechless and I’m sure I do the same thing to him. I’ve learned a lot about compromise and a lot about forgiveness. Most importantly, I’ve learned so much about selflessness, love and gratitude. I love Quinn very much and I’m so grateful for this year we have been able to spend together and I eagerly await the many years to come.

9 comments:

Cara said...

Congratulations! You are no longer "newlyweds" but can now join the ranks of "old married people".

KickButtMommy said...

What nice thoughts, Devry! Happy Anniversary to the two of you! I hope you had a wonderful celebration!

Anonymous said...

Quinn is a very fortunate man to have not only a beautiful wife, but a patient and forgiving one, also.

Sioux said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY from Quinn's favorite Great-aunt! Sounds to me like you've learned as much in one year as it took 25 for me. You're a SMART woman.

lacy lee said...

I can't believe it's been a year! Especially since we're still picking jellybeans out of that cute little gift box.

Devry said...

Lacy E.,

Uh…the jelly beans were Mackenzie and Brig’s wedding…not ours. Ours was the Chinese take-out boxes with pink taffy and the gross chocolate footballs.

lacy lee said...

Dang it! I think the confusion stems from you both having receptions in the same building. But at least that makes my having the jellybeans still around not so gross, eh?

jmr said...

I still have my Chinese Box from your wedding, I use it for random nails and tacks. It is out in plain view and I get comments on it all the time 'I didn't know they made them that small' even from a burly boy 'That's kinda cute' ?? :)
Happy Anniversary guys!

Anonymous said...

The fuschia satin bow from your Chinese box is tied around my lotion at work. Congratulations on your anniversary!